7 ways to create a cozy home this Winter
"Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is time for home." - Edith Sitwell
As the days and nights get cooler, Stockton Grange brings you - 7 ways to create a cozy home this Winter...
1. Create warmth through lighting – There is nothing more important than good lighting to create a cozy atmosphere. Try to use warm bulbs and make sure you have an abundance of task lighting, table and floor lamps, candles (preferably scented) and ambience lighting.
2. Add life with plants and flowers – Plants and flowers are cozy because they are living things, and the great thing about having a lot of plants means you get to accessorize with just as many other decorative items! Choose pots and planters in warm tones or natural woven materials, and randomly place them around the home to give you the feeling that they are always present, not just around celebrations.
3. Warm up your space with rugs and textiles – Rugs are a HUGE cozy addition to any home, placing a soft and warm layer between yourself and the floor and giving you an instant cozy feeling. Don’t be scared to place them in any room of the house, even in the bathroom!
4. Add textures - Add different textures such as cushions, throw rugs, woven baskets and even a well-styled bookshelf. These hacks are truly satisfying and add depth to introduce a cozy space!
5. Cozy up with curtains – Adding heavier curtains will not only keep the warmth in, but it’s sure to add an extra layer of coziness this winter.
6. Hang artwork and mirrors – If you don’t have anything hanging on your walls, then get hanging! Placing warm coloured artworks around the home creates an inviting and cozy space for all to enjoy. Avoid completely empty walls.
7. Don’t forget fragrance and scent – There are a lot of different ways to scent your home, all you need to do is pick your favourite. Try using wax melts, scented candles, incense or fresh fragrant flowers… whatever makes your nose happy!
Every home can benefit from adding a little cozy comfort… for more tips on how to create a cozy home this winter, get in touch with one of our experienced agents at Stockton Grange!